For those who wish to tackle smart contract development on Ethereum, there are a vast amount of tools one can use to leverage their smart contracts even further.
- Remix - (Great for starters!) Web IDE with built in static analysis, test blockchain VM.
- Superblocks Studio - Web IDE. Built in browser blochain VM, Metamask integration (one click deployments to Testnet/Mainnet), transaction logger and live code your WebApp among many other features.
- Atom Solidity Linter, Etheratom, autocomplete-solidity, and language-solidity packages
- Vim solidity - Vim syntax file for solidity
- Solidity VS Code - Visual Studio Code extension that adds support for Solidity
- Intellij-Solidity Plugin Open-source plug-in for IntelliJ.
- YAKINDU Solidity Tools - Eclipse based IDE. Features context sensitive code completion and help, code navigation, syntax coloring, build in compiler, quick fixes and templates.
- Eth Fiddle - IDE developed by The Loom Network that allows you to write, compile and debug your smart contract. Easy to share and find code snippets.
- Truffle - Most popular smart contract development, testing, and deployment framework. The Truffle suite includes Truffle, Ganache, and Drizzle. Deep dive on Truffle here
- Embark - Framework for DApp development
- Dapp - Framework for DApp development, successor to DApple
- Brownie - A python framework for testing, deploying and interacting with Ethereum smart contracts.
- Etherlime - ethers.js based framework for Dapp deployment
Test blockchain networks
- Ganache - App for testing Ethereum blockchain with visual UI and logs
- Kaleido - Use Kaleido for spinning up a consortium blockchain network. Great for PoCs and testing
- Besu Private Network - Run a private network of Besu nodes
- Local Raiden - Run a local Raiden network in docker containers for demo and testing purposes
- Private networks deployment scripts - Out-of-the-box deployment scripts for private PoA networks
- Local Ethereum Network - Out-of-the-box deployment scripts for private PoW networks
- Ethereum on Azure - Deployment and governance of consortium Ethereum PoA networks