Desktop wallets are downloadable apps capable of operating on Windows, MacOS, or Linux that allow users to interact with their funds.
Pros and Cons
- If you're able to create/sign transactions offline, this is the most-secure method for interacting with the Ethereum blockchain.
- Non-custodial, and more private than most other methods of interacting with your funds.
- May be more of a hassle when used offline than other methods of accessing your funds.
- MyCrypto - Open-source, client-side tool downloadable from https://download.mycrypto.com for generating Ethereum wallets, handling ERC-20 tokens, and interacting with the blockchain easily.
- Exodus - Closed-source wallet that allows for multi-currency interaction/transacting (requires you to be online to generate transactions).
- Mist - Browse and use Dapps on the Ethereum network
- Fetch - Desktop (and web) wallet supporting Ethereum and ERC-20 tokens. Integrated with 20 exchanges for real time trading rates and one-click trading.
- Tokenary - a macOS Ethereum and ERC-20 tokens wallet and Safari extension that lets you store your assets and interact with DApps.