Web wallets are wallets hosted on a website, they may be custodial or act as an interface for users to generate and interact with their accounts.
Pros and Cons
- Highly Available and Accessible.
- Rely on each provider to provide good security and to respect your privacy.
- Metamask - Chrome extension Ether wallet with ERC tokens support
- MyEtherWallet - Open-source tool for interacting with the blockchains easily & securely
- MyCrypto - Open-source, client-side tool for generating ether wallets, handling ERC-20 tokens, and interacting with the blockchain more easily
- Torus - OAuth Single-sign ons to Dapps with email (and other) account resolvers
- Portis - Web-based wallet for easy user on-boarding to your DApp
- Eth lightwallet - Lightweight JS Wallet for Node and the browser
- Mnemonic generator - generate word mnemonic and associated public/private key pairs. Select "Ethereum" as coin to generate Ethereum addresses. Useful for truffle-hd-wallet.
- Zapper - Manage your DeFi assets & liabilities in one simple interface. Ability to combine different DeFi building blocks to create your own instruments, strategies or even entirely new use-cases.
- Zerion - Web-based wallet interface with native DeFi integrations for trading, borrowing and investing. Features historical portfolio, Metamask, WalletConnect and Uniswap integrations.
- Tokenary - macOS Safari extension that enables interaction with DApps.